River Cleanup Contest Disclaimer
Share your cleanup efforts with Harpeth Conservancy from May to August for a chance to win a prize! It does not matter if you are out enjoying nature when stumble across a trash hotspot or you organize your own cleanup effort to address a trash problem. By removing litter that is in or near any waterway in Tennessee, your actions make a difference.
Objects that are the subject of entries must have been cleaned up from a river between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019.
Your participation in our contest is subject to your agreement to the following:
- Eligibility and Limitations. To be eligible, participants and winner(s) must:
- Be U.S. residents. Only one (1) prize per household each month, excluding the bonus awards given away by Harpeth Conservancy on August 10, 2019. Limit of 1 entrant per email sent/received or social media entry or posting made per category each month. YOU MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE TO PARTICIPATE IN, SUBMIT FOR, AND/OR WIN IN THE CONTEST.
- Not be an employee of Harpeth Conservancy (or “HC”).
- Not be an employee of any contest or promotional partners or sponsors, prize donor, contest judge and/or voter.
- Not be an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of an HC employee or contest or promotional partner or sponsor, prize donor, contest judge and/or voter.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
- Only entries submitted on the social media platforms and according to the rules promulgated by HC may be used to enter the contest; non-complying entries may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HC.
- Winner(s) will be selected at the sole discretion of HC and/or certain donors or others HC has asked to assist it in judging or selecting winner(s).
- Offensive materials will not be accepted.
- Images must accurately reflect the subject matter. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization are not eligible.
- Only entries in the following formats will be accepted: JPEG, PDF, TIFF, or EPS.
- Entries cannot violate the rights of any other person or company by using their location, trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent, and participants must provide applicable consents and releases upon request.
- No Offer Capable of Acceptance. Neither the contest, any submission of any entry, posting, or article for the contest, any announcement or advertisement, or this agreement, constitutes any offer by HC capable of acceptance by any person participating in the contest.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Participants must provide valid and accurate contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted on a timely basis (as determined by HC) or is disqualified for any reason, HC reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Assumption of Risk, Release, and Indemnity.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have volunteered of my own free will and accord to participate in a river restoration and cleanup contest (the “contest”), which can be dangerous and involve RISK OF INJURY TO PERSON AND PROPERTY, INCLUDING DEATH. I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, and I assume full and complete responsibility for any damage, injury or accident or other legal injury which may occur to me or my property during my participation in this contest or while on the property on which this contest is being conducted or may occur.
- I hereby release and hold harmless Harpeth Conservancy, other contest or promotional partners or sponsors, prize donors, contest judges and/or voters, the property owner(s) on whose property the contest is being conducted or may occur, and the other participants in the contest, as well as their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, representatives, affiliates, volunteers, heirs, successors and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses or injury arising from, relating to, resulting from or in any manner incidental to any thing or event occurring or failing to occur at any time during my participation in this contest, including injury or damage to my person or property or reputation or other legal interest, whether the same may be caused by negligence of HC, other contest or promotional partners, prize donors, contest judges and/or voters, the property owner(s) on whose property the contest is being conducted or my occur, or any of the above-named persons, or as a result of any latent or patent nuisances on any property.
- In addition, I hereby agree to be responsible for my own behavior and actions and to defend, indemnify and hold harmless HC, any other contest or promotional partners or sponsors, prize donors, contest judges and/or voters, the property owner(s) on whose property the contest is being conducted or may occur, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, representatives, affiliates, volunteers, heirs, successors and assigns from any damages or liabilities arising out of my activities as a participant in the contest, including, without limitation, any failure to comply with these contest rules.
- I understand that my consent to these provisions is given in consideration for being permitted to participate in the contest.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules.
- Each winner must provide HC with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. HC may be required to issue and file an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information.
- By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant HC exclusive permission to use their names, characters, social media entries or postings, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that HC may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Disqualification; Fraud. Failure to comply with any published contest rules is grounds for immediate disqualification from the contest. HC reserves the right to disqualify any entry not conforming to the rules of the promotion at any time. HC and its contest and promotional partners assume no responsibility for entry fraud committed by any entrant.
- Misinformation. HC is not responsible for undeliverable, lost, delayed, misdirected or misaddressed email, social media, or any other issues regarding electronic submissions for the contest.
- Conduct and Decisions.
- HC will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and HC’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If
- Persons who violate any rule, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, environmentally damaging or unfriendly, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited.
- If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any technical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of HC, HC reserves the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as HC deems appropriate.
- HC may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited.
- HC may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced. HC disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest.
- All social media entries and postings become the property of HC and will not be returned, BUT all physical objects that are the subject of any social media entries or postings remain the property of the person(s) making a social media entry or posting regarding that object, and such person(s) shall be responsible for properly disposing of such objects in compliance with law, as well as for any applicable disposal fees or charges.
- Compliance with Law; Attorney Fees. This agreement is governed by the applicable internal laws of the State of Tennessee, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. In the event of any action or proceeding regarding the contest or to construe or enforce this agreement, suit shall be brought in the courts of Davidson County, Tennessee, and the prevailing party (to the extent so prevailing) shall be entitled to recover its attorney and expert fees and costs.