The application period for the three AmeriCorps positions has ended! Thank you all for your interest, and keep your eyes peeled for other opportunities in the future.
We recruit interns every summer to assist us with many different aspects of our work. Interns help with conservation education programs, restoration projects, policy and advocacy issues, volunteer coordination, water quality monitoring, data entry, office tasks, research, and other programs and projects. Interns are typically college students or college graduates with academic and/or work experience in aquatic science and water resource management. If you are interested in our internship program, send a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications for HC Internships:
- A passion for clean water, healthy aquatic ecosystems, and aquatic life.
- Coursework in environmental science, biology, sustainability, or other relevant courses.
- Aquatic science, water resource management, and water resource policy coursework highly desired.
- Work experience in aquatic science, water resource management, and water resource policy.
- Water quality monitoring knowledge or work experience.
- GIS and GPS training and/or experience.
- Outgoing personality and willing to enthusiastically represent HRWA at public outreach events.
- Team player who can work collaboratively with staff, interns, and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, eager to learn, and attention to detail.
- Willing to work long hours in the outdoors, sometimes during difficult environmental conditions.
- Willing to perform, at times tedious tasks in the office.
- Physically fit and good swimmer.
- Paddling experience in canoe and kayak.
- Must be reliable and responsible with proven ability to work autonomously.
- Social media savvy and web site design experience.
- Drivers license and vehicle for travel throughout the watershed.